Sunday, July 18, 2010

hi ho hu he :DDDD

Yo yo everyones!

It’s been awhile since I’ve updated. Sooo sorry because I was rushing with the final piece of Cat Tours (starring *ahem ahem* and Kalyn) movie poster. And sorry (once again!) because I didn’t manage to take a photo of it and I had already hand up that assignment! But nevertheless I have some “character design” to show you. Yep yep, “character design”, and I actually have PLENTY, see the word in bold, PLENTY of “character design” but I haven’t had the time to upload ALL of them, so I will take my own sweet time to upload one by one first. Teeheeheee~

This is the latest. It was on my friend’s colour testing sheet. My rabbit. Heheeee. It supposed to look like my drawing teacher but um, it looks kinda abit like my ex-principal? hehehe

Oh yes, my class is doing a lot of figure drawings in our drawing lessons (not the NUDE one, please! I am under-age!) My classmates have been taking turns to pose for the live drawings. So far so good la, I haven’t been chosen! *phews* I had a lot of problems drawing the head part because its suppose to be in 3D, and somehow my figure drawings always have these minor mistakes like: too-long neck (my teacher prowled to my table and laughed. “It looks like a giraffe,” he commented, before re-drawing it for me), and too-long forehead (my teacher come to my table again and will draw a sample one on my paper), the feet must have proper grounding, (my teacher drew a stick figure with stick feet that looked as if it’s been plastered to the ground, which, to me, amazingly looks like there’s a weight on the stick figure) and having wrong extension and compression on the body, and wrong twist (“even if there is a 0.000000001 compression between the torso and pelvis, you still have to draw it out.”) It’s so hard to draw human, I finally appreciate all those artists who draw nude people and how hard it was to draw a proper figure with all the correct extension and compression, and not to have too-long neck. So hard! T_T I have a feeling that I’ll get at most a C for this figure drawing syllabus, and I feel that it’s thanks to me that my teacher set everyone an assignment of 12 figure head with different positions and different gender. I’ve done 5 male heads (with moustaches, for humour) and 2 female heads (botak, no hair) so I’m down with one more male head (a moustache and a booboo on the head, if can) and 4 more female head (botak, no hair also). So headache do heads… haish…~

One of the figure head drawn out of boredom on my friend’s colour testing sheet. Ok, I bluff, my friend drew this and I draw the facial features:

By the way, on Friday after I have handed in my assignment, my CA told me that the school was doing something like a 30 seconds animation for this donation organisation, and as the teachers were to busy (lol, I think so) they are offering students to help them to colour (the characters, backgrounds and blah blah blah) but this time they’re using Toon Boom to do the animation and stuffs so my teacher offered me and my friends to go and I sign up for it straight away! I haven’t had a chance to touch any softwares ever since school started (don’t mention Adobe Photoshop, please, I might just hang myself) but the short course is only for one day and we will be assigned to do the work. O me god, I just can’t wait for the short course! I am so excited to touch this Toon Boom software!

Anyway on Saturday, I was talking to Desy on MSN. Chey, someone in love dilemma sey! Whoops, can’t stop myself. Hehehee. And oh yea, there’s one part she asked me my opinion about further studying. She said she was making her mind up to choose the best schools. And I was telling her that at least before going to the best schools, go somewhere to learn the basics, at least you don’t look like a gong gong when you enter the best schools. Because this was what I am doing: going for basics in ITE, then off to poly to add more than just basics into my brains, and maybe University first (to make sure I got the hang of figure drawings, nude by the time) before I go Canada to study in Sheridan College. And after one of my lectures, Desy asked me this:

Desy: "What's the long form of ITE?"

Me: "Institute of Technical Education. Can also be called “It’s The End”. Why, are you checking up ite?"

Desy: "No. For my knowledge sake"

And for Kalyn’s request, here’s one of my old sketch:

I know got loads more but I have to dig out from my drawing “portfolio” that I brought for my ITE interview. And this picture effect not I make one ah. It’s already like that and I lazy to retake. I using j20i and I hell DON’T KNOW HOW to switch off the auto flash! But if you want a better view of the sketch, please go to this link: http://aziananhhahaz.deviantart.com/

Almost all my sketches are there. Feel free to take a tour of my works :D

Long update today! Take your time to read! =.= I miss my twin, but I don’t miss her teasings! Hehee!

Loves, and tc,

Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment